Art of Hand Balancing and Tumbling by George F. Jowett
Art of Hand Balancing and Tumbling by George F. Jowett is another little course that came free to subscribers of the Body Sculpture Club.
Hand balancing is a key part of the current trend in using bodyweight to not only create muscular strength but to show it off too!
Jowett covers most of the basics in the Art of Hand Balancing and Tumbling, including:
- The Hand and Head Balance,
- The First Step to Master Hand and Head Balancing,
- The Second Step to Master Hand and Head Balancing: The Press Up to Straight Arms,
- The Knee and Elbow Balance,
- The Back Hand Spring,
- How to do a Back Somersault,
- How You Can do a Front Somersault.
The Knee and Elbow Balance AKA: The Frog Stand
As a piece of old-school bodyweight training entertainment, you can’t go wrong with the writing of George F. Jowett, and even if you have no intention of taking up handstand training this is worth a read. If you DO want to use it as a training manual, however, I think if you were to follow his instructions as written you’d be doing handstand press-ups in no time! That said, please be VERY careful when trying these exercises.
Richie Neville | Founder
Internal Force Fitness